Monday, June 27, 2011

Termite Mound Time

In our backyard we have a termite mound taller than our house that used to really annoy me. But my husband talked me into having a kinsanza (thatch gazebo) built on top of it. That probably sounds a little yucky if you haven't seen it. In fact, when I told my Mom of this her only response was "Erin, I am not really sure what to say about that." But to my dismay, our little kinsanza is the most peaceful place I could imagine having here. We have a wonderful view and the breeze is always present. Many afternoons Jason and I sit up here and relax together, sometimes we eat meals here, and today I have realized this is the only place in our house area we can get internet connection so now I am perfectly smitten with our once annoying termite mound! This explanation/description leads up to the point that I am in the perfect setting for a litte blog post....

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of excitement. We have just finished our spiritual, medical, educational, and construction campaigns with the participation on 21 visitors from the States. I am not quite sure how to summarize it all but to say, much work was done in the above areas with one goal in mind...to further God's kingdom through short term church and development mission work. I can attest to seeing results of Christ's love shared through our visitors and am confident we will continue seeing these results as time goes by. Thank you to all those who participated in and prayed for this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment