Monday, January 3, 2011

Light up the sky

In about a week Jason, Jeremy, Whitney and I will be on a plane headed toward Zambia. It is a little surreal at this moment. We have already said many goodbyes in Texas and have more to say now that we are back in Chattanooga until our departure next week. I have neglected our blog because of the craziness of the past month, travels, holidays, and lots and lots of to-do lists. Seems like I set out to get 10 things done many days but only succeed in checking a few things off the list. But I have faith that everything will be okay even if I do not get to put as many check marks down each day as I would like. 

Our last training module with The Halbert Institute was just great. We grew a lot as an apprentice team over the weekend and were greatly blessed by the sessions our supporters attended. Thank you to those of you that prayed for that time, our prayers were definitely answered. 

We said goodbye to Texas early early Christmas eve morning. Jason drove the first few hours then woke me up to take over. He fell fast asleep immediately so I had a some alone time on my hands. I started to get a little sad thinking about how I will miss so many friends and loved ones in Texas. I had my ipod on shuffle and just as I started to let the sad feelings overwhelm me the song "Light up the Sky" by The Afters came on. Some of the chorus lyrics are...
You light, light, light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me that you are with me
And I, I, I can't deny
No I can't deny that you right here with me
You've opened my eyes
So I can see you all around me
You light, light, light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me that you are with me
As this song was playing the sun was rising...and it was the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen.  I took this picture with my phone so I could remember this amazing moment when I was reminded no matter where we are or where we are going, God is is with us. 
"...great is your faithfulness" Lamentations 3:23
I hope this is encouraging to at least a few. Please be in prayer for our families as we get so close to leaving them and finish our sweet goodbyes. Blessing to everyone for the new year!


2 comments:

  1. Erin, the picture is beautiful! What a witness for you that early morning!

    Have been thinking about you all every day this past week. My heart will be with you tomorrow as you say the final good-byes.

    Many blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to BBS when Rex Davis was principal, Dana, Jena Kay, Brian, Delane and Debbie were all students. I loved the whole family!
    Our daughters, Katrina and Haley went to Africa 3 years ago for a 3 week mission trip. Katrina and I went to Honduras for 10 days 5 years ago. Katrina will be leaving Feb 14th for Wuhan, China for a 10 months mission trip.
    I'm so encouraged by anyone young or old that follows Our Lord's command..."Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel..."!
    I look forward to reading your blogs.
    Godspeed, blessings and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete